Invited are the following types of contributions:
- Papers: up to 20 minute presentations on scholarly research, practical advances, best practices, and educational projects. Both completed research and early work/preliminary results are invited. Submit 1,500 word abstract, plus references.
- Panels: up to 90 minute sessions that are interactive and offer different perspectives and approaches to a specific topic. Authors must propose the format and invite up to five panelists (including the moderator). Submit 750 word abstract, plus references.
- Workshops: up to 90 minute sessions that will be tutorial and educational in nature, and are intended to foster interactive discussions for attendees who share common interests. Submit 750 word abstract, plus references.
- Posters: short graphic presentations that will be presented in a special session. Award will be given for Best Poster. Submit 750 word abstract, plus references.
- PhD Forum: short presentations by doctoral students, particularly as related to their dissertation. The PhD Forum provides doctoral students the opportunity to present their work to senior faculty in a relatively informal setting and to receive feedback on their dissertation by a panel of international educators. Submit 750 word abstract, plus references.
- Student Showcase: short presentations by undergraduate and graduate students, related to their academic research, practical projects, etc. The showcase will provide students with an opportunity to get feedback on their work in an informal setting and advice on how to develop their work further and get published. LIDA 2023 Outstanding Student Award will be given for best showcase presentation. Submit 750 word abstract, plus references.
Important Submission Information: All proposals will be refereed in a double-blind process and MUST follow formal LIDA guidelines and templates (will be available at the LIDA 2023 website). Only proposals following the LIDA templates will go forward for review. . The conference language is English and all work should be in English, original and not previously presented or published. Submission of proposals/extended abstracts should be made using the EasyChair submission system (https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=lida2023).
For all paper submissions, at least one author MUST be registered and present their paper at the conference. Authors can choose to 1) orally present their paper only, or 2) both present their paper orally and to submit a full-text manuscript to be considered for publication in a peer-reviewed scholarly publication (TBD).
Invitation to institutions:
Libraries, information agencies, professional organizations, publishers, and service providers are invited to consider participation at LIDA by providing a demonstration, workshop, or exhibit about their products, services or advances, or by presenting a paper or poster about their activities, as related to the two themes. Sponsorship of an event is also invited (See LIDA website http://lida.ffos.hr/ for sponsorship details). Institutions can benefit as well. We will provide conference materials to participants so that they can communicate and transfer topics of interest to their institution.