Invited are the following types of contributions:
- Papers: research studies and reports on advances that will be presented at the conference and included on the conference Web site. Papers of up to 4000 words in length should be submitted, following the American Psychological Association (APA) style (a summary of the
manual can be found at this web site:
http://owl.english.purdue.edu/handouts/research/r_apa.html), followed, among others, by the Journal of the American Society for Information Science and Technology (JASIST) and Information Processing & Management (IP&M). The papers will be refereed and published in LIDA 2006 Proceedings.
- Posters: short graphic presentations on research, studies, advances, examples, practices, or preliminary work that will be presented in a special poster session. An award will be given for Best Posters. Proposals for posters should be submitted as a short, one or two- page paper.
- Demonstrations: live examples of working projects, services, interfaces, commercial products, or developments-in-progress that will be presented during the conference in specialized facilities or presented in special demonstration sessions. These should involve some aspect of users and use. Proposals for demonstration should provide short description and a URL address, if available.
- Workshops: two to four-hour sessions that will be tutorial and educational in nature. Workshops will be presented before and after the main part of the conference and will require separate fees, to be shared with workshop organizers. Proposals for workshops should include a short description, with indication of level and potential audience.
Submissions should be in electronic form (as attachments to email). to Prof. Tatjana Aparac at firstname.lastname@example.org. Inquires can also be addressed to the co-chair of the conference Prof. Tefko Saracevic and Program Chairs for Part II. Prof. Carol Kuhlthau. and Prof. Ross Todd. Full addresses are provided below. All submissions will be refereed.
- For papers and workshops 10 January 2006. Acceptance by 10 February 2006.
- For demonstrations and posters: 10 February 2006. Acceptance by 1 March 2006.
- Final submission for all 15 March 2006.
Invitation to institutions
We are inviting libraries, information agencies, professional organizations, publishers, and service providers to consider participation at LIDA by providing a demonstration, workshop, or exhibit about their products, services or advances, or by presenting a paper or poster about their activities. Sponsorship of an event is also invited. Institutions can benefit as well: We will provide course materials to participants so that they can communicate, instruct, and transfer topics of interest to their institution. Thus, we are organizing LIDA to reach a wider audience.
Organization and submission addresses